Surgery can be an intense physical and emotional journey, and we're sure you have plenty of questions about what you can expect and how to ensure that you're receiving the best possible care. You'll find answers and more information below.
- Patient's Bill of RightsWhen you know your rights as a patient, you'll be better equipped to ask the right questions about your treatment options.
- Finding a Qualified SurgeonYou want to find a surgeon who is qualified to treat your condition and who you can trust. Here's how to begin your search.
- Anesthesia OptionsLearn about the different types of anesthesia – and their benefits and drawbacks.
- Medical Error PreventionProtect yourself from medical mistakes with these tips, such as making sure your care provider checks your ID bracelet before you get medication.
- Glossary of Medical TermsThis thorough list of medical terms, from abdomen through X ray, will help you better understand your surgical experience.
- Insider Tips for SurgeryLearn about the best time to schedule your operation, why your hospital's patient-to-nurse ratio is important, and more